Are you sure about this? Did you say ‘three ingredients?’ ‘YES!’ This news got my entire house exuberant! Are you trying to count calories, and reduce your wheat intake? Or you wanna save some bucks!
You can still enjoy a popular family treat, homemade pizza dough made with just three ingredients. The ingredients are easily available in most pantries and also inspired my other Semolina Bread Recipe on this site.
This pizza dough does not contain yeast as required by traditional Italian pizzas. It takes a short time to combine flour, yogurt, and salt. In a jiffy, you can present a hot scrumptious delicious pizza to your family or make a personal pizza just for you!
You can make the pizza more nutritious by substituting self-raising flour with non-gluten flour or whole wheat flour. You cannot get this in restaurants.
Come on, let us explore the simple steps and you might begin making this pizza dough recipe every weekend! Why not! It's so easy. Prepare your favorite toppings, the dough will be ready in no time!
Ingredients and Substitutes.
Self-raising flour: makes the base of the pizza dough. You can substitute with whole wheat, all-purpose flour, or non-gluten flour. Self-raising flour contains a baking powder that acts as the leavening agent in this recipe that makes the dough rise.
Greek yogurt: moisturizes the pizza dough. Greek yogurt is acidic, it reacts with the baking powder in the flour that releases carbon dioxide into the dough.
Gluten traps the gas making the pizza dough airy and light. You can substitute Greek yogurt with nonfat Greek yogurt if you are seriously counting calories.
Salt: adds flavor to the pizza dough.
Round mixing bowls are great, especially if you're using your hand to prepare the dough.
A wooden spoon is useful in bringing together the wet and dry ingredients before you start using your hands.
Parchment paper is used to line the pizza pan where you intend to bake the pizza. Any cheese spills will flow to the parchment leaving your pan clean.
I have seen some chefs spreading their pizza dough with their fingertips, it is still alright to use a rolling pin.
Stand mixer with dough hook (if making a large batch)
This appliance will come in handy when you're making large batches of pizza dough. The dough hook mixes effectively, activating the gluten in the dough.
There are many types of pans, made out of non-stick Teflon, cast iron, and even clay. Since I am home and do not have a large pizza oven, regular rectangular baking pans worked best for me.
This recipe yields an amazing homemade pizza crust that is light, with just the right thickness.
I topped our pizza according to orders placed by my children. Some popular delicious flavors we usually make at home are:
- Hawaiian with ham and pineapple
- Chicken and mushrooms with black olives..this rocked!!
With your delicious quick homemade tomato sauce and a light drizzle of olive oil, you will enjoy your homemade creation of pizza and be a mum to be revered lol
Yes, you can use yeast as a leavening agent but make sure to replace self-raising flour with all-purpose flour.
Remember to give time for the pizza dough to rise.
It is possible to store the dough in the refrigerator in an airtight container for not more than two days.
The homemade 3 ingredient pizza dough can be frozen too for 2 months in a freezer-friendly container.
This 3 ingredient pizza dough recipe is so easy. There is almost no expert tip, just a tip on par-baking. This step will keep your pizza base from getting soggy.
If you tried this 3 Ingredient Pizza Dough Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you liked it in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting!
3 Ingredient pizza dough
- Mixing bowls
- Wooden spoon
- Parchment paper
- Rolling Pin
- Pizza pans
- 2 cups Self-raising flour
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Salt
With a hand
- Add all the dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Whisk until the salt is distributed evenly in the flour. Pour all the yogurt into the flour mixture. Using a wooden spoon, mix the ingredients until you form a shaggydough.
- Movethe ball onto a floured work surface, and knead the dough for about 8 minutes.Kneading and stretching the pizza dough activates gluten protein making thepizza chewy and light.
- Divide the pizza into four sections using a bench scraper. Formfour round balls and set them aside in a warm place. Cover with a damp towel.Roll out the balls depending on the shape of the pan you will be baking yourpizza on.
With Stand Mixer
- Add the flour and salt into the stand mixer mixing ball. Set thedough hook attachment and let the mixer run for a minute to mix the dryingredients thoroughly.
- Add inthe greek yogurt and mix till you form a shaggy dough. Let the mixer run forabout 5 minutes. Transfer the pizza dough onto a clean well-floured surface.
- Divide the pizza into four sections using a bench scraper. Formfour round balls and set them aside in a warm place. Cover with a damp towel.Roll out the dough into a rectangle shape or round shape.
- Line parchment paper on your pizza pan or apply oil to yourpizza stone. Transfer the rolled pizza base onto it.
- Par bake the pizza base on a parchment-lined baking tray for 10minutes at 180C /356F and get them off the oven. Add your favorite saucetomato, yummy toppings, and generous cheese to cover the pizza base! Yummy . I can see your little ones rubs their hands in great anticipation!