This Mcdonald’s pancake recipe uses simple ingredients that you can find in your kitchen. It makes for a delicious breakfast, which is simply a homemade version of the famous Mcdonalds pancake recipe.
Mcdonald’s hotcakes are so steady and reliable that it almost appears like they have been a part of our lives since the dawn of time.
The pancake breakfast was composed of sugary baked batter disks coated in McDonald’s brand syrup and butter.
It was introduced by McDonald’s as part of its menu in 1977 as a warmer alternative to the more conventional Cold cakes and as part of a full breakfast offering that included the customary “Big Breakfast,” scrambled eggs, hash potatoes, and Danish.
The term hotcakes is synonymous with pancakes in the US and UK. The word hotcakes are often used for marketing or branding reasons, such as by the fast food chain McDonald’s, which uses the name hotcakes for their pancakes.
Why does this Recipe Works?
McDonald’s pancakes are super simple to make and extremely tasty. In all honesty, this pancake recipe has to be the best one ever.
These pancakes and sausage patties make the perfect breakfast combo. Because the recipe is so easy, these fluffy pancakes are great for brunch, a fun breakfast-for-dinner meal on a weeknight, or a lazy Sunday.
Your entire family will love it. The best part is that it only takes 15 minutes to make these pancakes. Therefore, if you are short of time and need a really simple breakfast recipe to serve your visitors, try this one.
- All-purpose flour.
- Baking powder: Use fresh baking powder to ensure your pancakes are light and fluffy.
- Salt: Add a pinch of salt to balance out the flavors.
- Granulated sugar: McDonald’s pancakes are slightly sweet, so a little sugar is required to achieve the same result.
- Eggs: Eggs help to give the pancakes their texture and to bind the ingredients together.
- Milk: Milk produces the best results with these pancakes. Some people prefer buttermilk, but I find that it adds a tangy flavor that, while delicious, is not the same as the original.
- Oil: You will need some vegetable oil.
- Vanilla: Add some vanilla for flavor.
Pancake Griddle/Pan- A good pan is necessary for easy greasing and flipping of the pancakes ensuring they do not stick.
Weighing Scale- To make pancakes, you need just the right amount of flour, and the weighing scale will aid in that.
A Measuring Jug- To avoid making too watery pancakes, you will need a measuring jug to get the right amount of water or milk. You can also use your measuring jug to carefully pour your pancake mix into the frying pan.
A Mixing Bowl- To mix together all the pancake ingredients because it holds a lot more pancake mix and gives you a lot more r/om to avoid a messy mixing accident.
Whisk and Spatula- To mix the pancake, mix and remove the pancake from the frying pan onto a plate.
Sprite: You can replace the milk with Sprite or 7Up. Both options are equally effective. Carbonated water can also be used. The carbonation in these fizzy drinks makes the pancakes fluffy.
Gluten-free: Use gluten-free flour instead of all-purpose flour.
Canola oil is the best type of oil to use. It has the mildest flavor and works well when making soft and fluffy pancakes. However, if you don’t have canola oil, you can also use coconut oil, vegetable oil, or olive oil.
Sugar-Free: If you want to make them sugar-free, replace the sugar with any other sweetener of your choice.
Mix-ins: Mix-ins can also be added to the hotcake batter. Try adding some chopped strawberries or chocolate chips.
Toppings: Finally, experiment with the toppings! That’s the best way to spice up the cooked pancakes. Try some freshly sliced fruits!
Serving Ideas for the Mcdonald’s pancakes:
- Bacon. Bacon bakes well in the oven and it is a fantastic time saver.
- Fresh Fruit. Get out a big bowl and fill it with diced seasonal fruit to enjoy with McDonald’s pancakes.
- Sausage. Sausage of any kind eg links, patties or even balls goes wonderfully with pancakes.
- Eggs. The eggs can be cooked in whichever style you like. Fried or scrambled is the way to go for many people.
Topping ideas for McDonalds Pancakes:
· Maple Syrup
· Flavored Syrup. Try different kinds of syrup like blueberry, strawberry, and butter pecan.
· Butter. When you put they are on top of the warm pancakes, it will melt quickly.
How to freeze McDonald’s pancakes?
The pancakes at McDonald’s are already made. They are sold in a massive block that is frozen and then sliced into individual portions. Grilled frozen pancakes topped with maple syrup are a popular breakfast item.
You can freeze the pancakes for up to three months when stored in a freezer bag or other freezer-safe container. Make sure the pancakes are completely cool before placing them in the freezer. It’s incredibly practical.
Use parchment paper to keep the pancakes from touching. To reheat pancakes, you can just place them in the microwave for a few minutes; usually, 45 seconds to 1 minute works perfectly. If you want crispier pancakes, you can reheat them in the toaster or a toaster oven.
How to Store McDonald’s Recipe?
Since they keep nicely in the fridge, this is a fantastic recipe for meal prepping. And because they do, you should prepare a large quantity to have on hand to quickly reheat if you are in a hurry or have a pancake desire at home.
While homemade pancakes are best eaten fresh with hotcake syrup, they also make an excellent make-ahead breakfast! Just cook them as directed and spread them out in a single layer on a baking sheet. If you need to stack them, use a paper towel to separate them.
Wrap any leftovers in plastic after they have cooled fully. You can also keep them in an airtight container or resealable bag. These pancakes from McDonald’s will keep in the fridge for up to three days.
Spread the pancakes out on a baking sheet and refrigerate them until they are solid if you intend to save any for later use. The pancakes can then be stored in a freezer-safe bag for up to three months.
What is the secret to making delicious pancakes? To prepare the pan for the pancakes, rub a cool stick of butter across the hot surface. Instead of flooding the pan with oil, just a thin layer will do the trick for cooking the pancakes evenly.
What heat do you cook pancakes with? For pancakes, the recommended griddle temperature is 37°F or a medium setting on a gas stovetop burner.
Getting the right frying temperature is essential for making the ideal pancake. Overheating the griddle will burn the surface of the pancakes while undercooking the middle. If you want perfectly cooked pancakes all the way through, don’t overheat the griddle.
How long does a pancake take to cook? Pan is heated for roughly 10 minutes on medium. Pour the batter to create pancakes of any desired size.
Cook the first side for approximately three minutes or until bubbles appear on the top; then turn and cook the second side for about two minutes or until it is also browned.
Serve with butter and syrup immediately, or keep warm in the oven for a short while.
Try out this copycat recipe and let us know how it tastes like.
- The batter is the key to making the perfect McDonald’s hotcakes. If you make it too thick, your pancakes will be undercooked on the inside and a little gluggy.
- You must be careful not to make the batter too runny, which will cause the pancakes to spread out and fluff up.
- Allow the prepared batter to rest for up to ten minutes to allow the flour to hydrate properly and the baking powder to activate.
- Use a measuring cup to make evenly-sized pancakes. Pour in a circular motion to ensure that it spreads into perfectly round shapes.
- Please do not flip your pancakes too soon or cook them on high heat. You can slide a plastic spatula under them and flip them with your wrist instead of your entire arm.
How to make Mcdonald’s pancakes?
McDonald’s Pancake Recipe
- Pancake Griddle
- Weighing scale
- Mixing bowl
- Mixer and spatula
- 2 Cups All-purpose flour
- 1 Teaspoons Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Baking powder
- 4 Tablespoons Granulated sugar
- 2 Cups Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 4 Tablespoons Oil
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. You can mix all the ingredients by hand with a wire whisk until just mixed. To make perfect pancakes, avoid over-mixing the pancake batter.
- Prepare the frying pan or griddle. Cast iron nonstick skillets should be preheated over medium heat. Use some butter or a nonstick cooking spray made from canola oil to grease.
- Pour the batter. About 14 cups of the batter on the hot griddle. Avoid packing the griddle or pan too full.
- Prepare the pancakes. Cook the McDonald’s pancake for two to three minutes, or until the surface of the pancake begins to bubble slightly. The pancake should cook for another two minutes or more on the flip side till golden brown.
- Spread the pancakes out on a plate. After cooking, place the pancake on a platter and repeat with the remaining batter.
- While still hot, serve with your preferredpancake toppings.