Pasta salad is most definitely a summer classic that everyone loves. The amazing thing about it is that it is very flexible and you can add to it any of your favorite mix-ins.
Making pasta salad is truly as easy as boiling water, cooking the pasta until it is tender and then tossing in a few key ingredients. That is why it is one of my go-to meals. The trick is sticking to the simple recipe.
If you are looking for a simple, fun, and easy salad recipe then this is the recipe for you. It is a delightful meal that everyone would like. This recipe is a fun twist to the classic pasta salad and it is full of flavor.
It is also a healthier recipe compared to the traditional recipes that typically weigh in at over 500 calories per serving.
What you need
The salad can easily be made from items already in your pantry and it will still taste super amazing. For this case, I’ll be using spinach, kidney beans, tomatoes, pepperoni, and cubed mozzarella cheese.
The pepperoni is rich and salty. Its peppery taste is amazing against the background of pasta and mild spinach. Pepperoni is a spicy salami with a beef and pork flavor as well as a slightly smoky undertone. Its overall taste enhances the taste of the pasta salad making it an irresistible salad.
If you love olives, black or green: you can use them in the place of beans in this recipe.
No salad is complete without a salad dressing.
I love making my homemade Italian dressing because it contains no preservatives, has a sweet hint of honey, it is perfectly seasoned with Italian herbs and takes a jiffy to combine.
Heavy-based saucepan, mason jar, mixing bowls, serving dish.
How To Make Pepperoni Pasta Salad
In a medium saucepan filled with water, add ½ tablespoon of salt and bring the water to boil over high heat then add the pasta.
Cook the pasta until it's tender. Drain the pasta in a colander. Rinse it briefly with cold water to stop the cooking process. Set it aside.
Roughly chop up the spinach and place it in a large bowl. Add the kidney beans, tomatoes, pepperoni, and cubed mozzarella cheese. This will be your salad.
Add the pasta you set aside to the rest of the salad ingredients and toss it until everything is combined. Add the Italian/ Caesar dressing and toss it again until everything is coated with the salad dressing.
Sprinkle some freshly cracked pepper on the salad and serve it with Parmesan.
Parmesan cheese has an intense lactic tangy flavor and almost crunchy texture. A generous sprinkle of parmesan cheese on the salad makes it taste heavenly.
FAQ Pepperoni Pasta Salad
How do I store leftover Pepperoni Salad?
In my household, no salad can be left unfinished, it is one of our best salads.
However, if you are unable to finish your salad, store it in an airtight container and keep it for not more than 2 days in the refrigerator.
Pepperoni Pasta Salad Hacks/Tips
Below are a few hacks that have helped me master the art of making my pasta salad. Here are easier ways to ensure your pasta salad feels robust.
Don’t undercook or overcook the pasta - follow the package directions for best results.
Use enough seasoning - there's nothing as boring as blunt or flat-tasting salad, you will have lots of work convincing your children to consume it lol
Dress the pasta salad while it is still warm - very important, warm temperatures are conducive for the salad dressing to attach and infuse into the salad ingredients.
Why use this recipe?
This specific recipe is perfect for last-minute get-togethers or quick lunches throughout the week. It only takes approximately 30 minutes to prepare.
The simple ingredients can easily be found and simply be tossed together. Pasta salad is great for picnics and barbecues since it is a crowd-pleaser.
If you tried this Pepperoni Pasta Salad Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you liked it in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting!
Pepperoni Pasta Salad Recipe
Italian Salad Dressing
- 1 cup Olive oil
- ¼ cup White vinegar
- 3 tbsp. Red pepper Chopped
- 2 ½ tsp. Onion Chopped
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. Honey
- ¼ tsp. Marjoram
- ¼ tsp. Oregano
Pepperoni Pasta Salad
- 1 pkt. Pasta
- ½ tbsp. Salt
- 4 Oz. Baby spinach
- 1 can. Canned kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 pint. Grape tomatoes Sliced
- 1 Cubed mozzarella cheese
- Italian/ Caesar dressing
- 1 tbsp. Parmesan
- 1 Pepper Freshly cracked
- 1 pct.. Pepperoni
- Mix all the ingredients in a mason jar and shake,shake, shake to combine thoroughly.
- It is that simple! For amazing results, chill the dressing overnight or for 4 hours before use. This makes the flavors more intense.
Pepperoni Pasta Salad Recipe
- In a medium saucepan filled with water, add ½ tablespoon of salt and bring the water to boil over high heat then add the pasta. Cook the pasta for 8 to 10 minutes until it is tender.
- Once the pasta is tender, drain it in a colander. Rinse it briefly with cold water to bring down its temperature. This keeps the pasta from getting soggy and mushy. Set it aside.
- Roughly chop up the spinach and place it in a large bowl.
- Add the kidney beans, tomatoes, pepperoni, and cubed mozzarella cheese.
- Add the pasta you set aside to the rest of the salad ingredients and toss it until everything is combined.
- Add the Italian dressing and toss it again until everything is coated with the salad dressing.
- Sprinkle some freshly cracked pepper on the salad and serve it with a generous sprinkle of Parmesan.
- Serve and enjoy the flavor-packed salad.