Everyone likes to travel. However the challenge arises when you arrive at your destination and would like to whip up a quick smoothie, but you haven't got a blender.
When you are in need of a blender while traveling, the first thing to look for in the market is a blender that’s portable and sturdy.
A portable blender should be small in size, it should fit in your travel bag and the blender should be lightweight and rechargeable. Depending on your preference, you can choose the right blender suitable for travel.
Here are some key factors to look for before purchasing a portable blender:
- Speed of the blender – Efficiency of a machine is key to make work faster and easier.
- Blender design – It's important to have a user-friendly blender than uses less power and can fit well in your travel bag.
- Reliability - We all love a blender that will be consistent and dependable.
These blenders are designed with a variety of colors so it is up to the buyer to choose the color according to his/her own taste.
A portable blender is composed of different parts that make it function properly. Here are the major components of a blender and its specifications.
It is usually made of glass or plastic. It is the body of the blender where food substances or fruits are placed in for blending. The lid covers the top of the blender to prevent spillage when blending.
It is made up of two or more stainless steel blades which help to push the ingredients upward during rotation. It is close to the motor and is tightly closed with bolts.
It helps in the rotation of the blender and holds the cutter when blending.
Rubber drive clutch
It is made of rubber and it is found between the motor and the blade.
The motor is located at the base of the blender. It holds the jar in place and has the ON/OFF switch.
It is evident that the best blender is not only what you see with your eyes but on-the-go needs. Few factors are considered when choosing a portable blender, so which is the best portable blender?
This type is best if you are looking to drink a cup or two of smoothie refreshments and you do not need to clean the whole jar.
This is an ideal blender for families because it has three jars and two lids for families that need more than one smoothie.
The fact that the blending jar is also a traveling mug, there is no need to carry an extra cup.
Features of the Hamilton Beach single-serve blender
The Hamilton Beach blender has the following features.
- 3 jars and two lids
- On-touch blending
- It is easy to clean
- Stainless steel blades
- Travel lids
- BPA free - does not use Bisphenol A in its construction
- Ice-crushing power that brings good results.
- 12-ounce capacity
The blender is an ice crusher, it is white in color and has a voltage capacity of 175 watts. The jar measures 11.8” H X 3.94” W X 3.94” D and the model number is 51102.
Here are some pros and cons of buying this blender:
- Helps you control portions
- It is portable and it easily fits in your bag.
- Ideal for families.
- Easy to use, one button blend.
- Affordable price.
- The lid leaks when the blender is overfed.
- The bottom container can be challenging to clean.
This blender comes with one jar and a lid. Ideally, the blender is suitable for smoothies taken in small quantities. It has one ON/OFF switch and it's a lightweight blender.
This isn't a heavy-duty blender thus hot foods or liquids aren't advisable. It is also not advisable to process heavy hard foods as it's only meant for soft foods.
When cleaning the blender, disconnect the cord from power and wipe it with a clean cloth or a sponge.
Features Hamilton Beach 51131, single-serve blender, Raspberry
- BPA free in food zones
- One-touch blending
- Blend and drink in the same jar
- Single-serve blender
- Stainless steel blades
- Easy storage
- A sturdy base that rests on the surface
- Raspberry in color
The blender measures 7.6 x 4.2 x 10.8 inches, the model number is 51131, 175 watts, 14 oz. The jar weighs about 1.8 pounds. The blender parts have a one year warranty, it is a countertop blender type.
Here are some pros and cons of this blender
- Affordable price.
- The motor is reliable.
- It is durable.
- The blades are made of stainless steel.
- Blends and mixes extremely well.
- The lid leaks when overfed.
- Not ideal for hard foods.
This blender can be used to blend juice out of fruits, mix fruits, vegetables and more. It has a rechargeable battery which makes it convenient to carry along when traveling.
It is one of the best fruit mixers which blends fruits into amazing smoothies. Usually, it doesn’t leave chunks of food particles and it isn't as noisy as normal blenders.
The household fruit mixer is multi-functional. You can use it to whip up baby food, fruit mix, make vegetable juices, protein shakes, smoothies and much more.
When using the blender it is important to ensure that the base and the cable port do not come into contact with water.
The blender is lightweight and it will fit perfectly in a standard travel bag.
Features of Portable Juicer Blender, Household fruit mixer
- It is easy to clean.
- Six blades in 3D.
- It is made from stainless steel.
- 1 USB chargeable juicer cup.
- Rechargeable with a laptop, computer, and phone.
- Ultramagnetic sensing switch.
How to use it
- Prepare ingredients into small pieces approximately 1.5 cm
- Depending on your recipe add water about 50% then add fruits into the jar
- Connect the power cable and press the on button.
- Let the mixture mix about 1 – 5 minutes until all the particles are well gridded.
- Once it is fine, switch off the power and disconnect the cable. Afterward, put the juice in your glass and enjoy your drink.
The jar has a capacity of 300 ml, built-in with a 2200Mah rechargeable battery, ZZB01 model, 6 blades and it is a centrifugal type of a blender.
Here are some pros and cons
- Different ways of charging the battery
- Easy and portable to carry
- Easy to clean
- Comes with a package – 1 X manuals, 1 X blender cleaning brush, 1 X portable USB blender, 1 X charging cable.
- Uses a lot of power
- Quite costly compared to other portable blenders
The best portable blender with USB
When traveling you not only need a portable blender with a plugin electric cord but a blender that has a USB cable to help you charge when the battery runs low.
Different regions in the world have different wall sockets and adapters. A USB cord will be easier to find and easier to park.
There isn't any need to blend many smoothies to carry with you, what you need is to carry a recipe and later blend the ingredients.
Tips to consider when choosing the best blender with USB:
- Lid - When purchasing this kid of a blender make sure the lid can be tightly closed to avoid leakage.
- Battery/cord/USB – This is also an important thing to look at as this will enable you to know the voltage power of the battery. This is in case you travel to a place without electricity you will be able to charge with the USB port.
- USB voltage – this is one of the rare things people look at. A good USB has more than 2.0 A which is fast charging.
- Brand loyalty – Choosing a good brand is a key thing, some have quality and durable materials used in the build while others are of very low quality. The low-quality ones are usually sold at a throw-away price.
Listed below is the best portable USB blender for baby foods.
PopBabies is a small blender specially designed for mothers with babies that blend baby foods. The blades are sharp which enables smooth mixing of the smoothies for the infant.
If you a parent who avoids giving any juice that comes your way during traveling, then this blender will perfectly work best for you.
It is lightweight and has a motor rotation of 2200 revolutions per minute good enough to chop any frozen or unfrozen food particles.
It fits well in the baby bag and doesn’t present many difficulties when cleaning it. If the battery goes off you can still connect the USB cable and charge while using it.
It is built with one on/off button, this makes it very user-friendly. Apart from baby food, the blender can still be used for making coffee, lemonade and protein shake. Being a single-serve, smoothies are served in small quantities there is no need for an extra glass.
Here are some features of this blender:
- Built-in lithium batteries
- Recharged with USB – less charging hustles when traveling around the world
- It is a single blender use which is easy to clean
- Has an inbuilt blade to prevent finger injuries when cleaning
- It is strong and fast - powerful enough to blend frozen fruits, crush ice, blend vegetables, and many others
- BPA free - does not use Bisphenol A in its construction
- Made of sturdy plastic and stainless steel
The blender weighs 660g, It's size is 80 x 80 x 250 mm, the battery type is 2200 MAH,
It comes with the following package:
- A USB charging cable
- A user guide book i.e. manual
- Personal blender
Benefits of having this blender
Helps you save money – when traveling, instead of buying smoothies along the way, what you need is smoothie ingredients and you can blend for yourself.
Hygiene – babies are extremely sensitive to contaminated food substances. Having this blender ensures that top hygiene standards are met.
Easy maintenance – the fact that it easy to wash, versatile and single-serve, the appliance is easy to maintain.
Here are the pros and cons
- It is affordable
- It comes with different colors and designs
- The stainless blades are durable
- One on/off button.
- The blender is easy to clean
- Chargeable with a USB port.
- The blender overheats when heavily used.
- Not suitable for hot coffee or drinks because it will make the lid to leek
The best blender for baby food and smoothies
Every parent with an infant wants the best for their little ones, purchasing the right blender for making baby food will be a good decision.
With all the blenders available in the supermarket and shops it is difficult to identify an ideal blender for your baby. For babies, an obstetrician recommends parents to give fresh smoothies to their babies instead of buying from the supermarket or groceries.
Here is the best blender for your baby
This is an Orgergo 4th generation blender which was released in 2007. It is a small portable kitchen blender with a powerful motor, green in color.
It is a light-duty machine that is not capable of blending tough food substances. It is best in blending foodstuff like vegetables, fruits, small cubes, and functions both as a blender and a juicer.
It has a good lid that doesn’t leak and it fits well in your baby bag. The battery can stay for four days without having to charge it again. The in-built battery is chargeable with a USB port so it is convenient to use it anywhere when traveling.
After you purchase the blender, you are guaranteed 60 – days free return without any reason and 2-year quality warranty.
Features of the Ordergo USB juicer
The following are the features of this kitchen appliance:
- USB powered port
- FDA approved
- Made of stainless steel materials
- In-built battery
- Small and lightweight
The blender comes with a package that includes,
- 1x USB cable
- 1x manual for guidance on how to use
- 1x mini juicer bottle
The blender weighs 1.8 pounds, it is manufactured by Ordergo, BLOO8 model. The product dimensions are 3.8 x 3.8 x 11 inches, and liquid capacity of 420 ml. The battery capacity is 2 x 2000mAh, 7.4 v, has a working current of 12v. It also has 2 lithium-ion batteries inbuilt.
Here are some few tips on how to use it,
- Before using the juicer make sure it is fully charged
- Take your ingredients that need to be a blend, cut them into smaller chunks to enable smooth blending
- Measure your ingredients with the measurements provided. Do exceed the recipe past measurements.
- Connect it with the power cable, but if it is already charged there would be no need. Turn on the power button to enable the motor to start working.
- Blend the recipe to until they are smooth particles as desired for your baby
- Turn off the blender and the smoothie is ready to be taken.
- If you do not know how to use the blender, please use the manual provided by the manufacturer.
Pros of using this blender
- It is best for baby smoothies and shakes.
- Safe to use
- Easy to clean and use
- Uses a fast and strong motor – hence fast to use
- It is a multi-purpose mini blender
- It is of good quality
- It is a bit noisy
- Unable to use when recharging
Battery operated portable blenders
Getting a blender that is battery operated is good for some reason. Some people prefer cordless blenders over those with cords.
The reasons as to why you should have a battery-operated blender are:
- Incase electricity suddenly cuts off
- The batteries are removable and can be replaced
- They are cordless this means you do not necessarily need to be close to a power outlet
- Damages – perhaps you have infants and you are wary of electric shocks that come with cords then, preferably you can decide to go the battery-operated blenders.
The discussed portable battery-operated blender will serve your purpose well.
This is a mini blender with a good number of functions suitable for you. It is best for people who like to travel and to spend the night outdoors.
When having a picnic, you can use the blender to make suitable fruit juice as desired. It is black in color and uses a battery that is chargeable with a USB port.
You can use the blender to blend vegetables, mix juice, ice blender, and mix ingredients.
- An in-built battery
- A USB port
- Rechargeable battery
- It is small in size
- One power button
- It is made of stainless steel
- Made of plastic
- A capacity of 420 -530 ml
It comes with a package content of:
- Manual for guiding how to use,
- 1 USB cable,
- 1 electronic juicer cup
The blender weighs 650g/22.9 ounces and has a battery capacity of 4800mAh. Its dimensions are 10 x 3.2 x 3.2 inches and the charge time is between 2-3 hours
- Easy to clean and use
- The motor is quite sturdy and powerful
- Performs a variety of tasks
- Has 6 blades hence it’s efficiency
- Convenient to use anywhere
- Portable – lightweight
- It has a Cool design
- It doesn't come in a variety of colors – may not be suitable for those people who are choosy
- Ice may get caught up while chopping
FAQ: Where can I buy a portable blender?
You can shop for blenders in different places like supermarkets, shops, malls, and online shops. For those who prefer online vendors, there are different online vendors.
What you require is to pay up some shipping fee which you will be told by the vendor and finally the blender will be delivered to your desired location.
Different vendors have different price tags on the same blender that you would want to purchase it’s good to do some research and get to know the best deals and the best quality.
Why do people like these portable blenders?
Firstly, because of their portability people prefer buying them. With these portable blenders, one can travel with them, fit in the carry bags and lightweight.
Secondly, the blenders are easy to use with different modes of power supply. Some use USB, some rechargeable batteries which bring convenient ways of using them.
Lastly, some people are sensitive to contaminated foods. They prefer carrying their own portable blenders because of health issues. What they carry is their ingredients and does the blending.
How to get the most out of the portable blenders
The manufactures always provide users with a manual. A manual is a small booklet with all the details of the product. It explains the features, specs, and guides you on how to use the device.
It has some do’ and don'ts that need to be carefully followed otherwise you will not get the best results out of the device.
Technological innovation has led to the development of different devices that we can add in our kitchen appliances to ease our work.
Each blender comes with its specifications, so it is for you as the buyer to know which best suits you. The above blenders are among the best depending on the use that best suits.
If you are the person who loves to travel, then the USB and the battery-recharged blenders will work well for you. A good thing with the portable blenders is that every location you go to is convenient for them.
Getting to charge and power the blender is easy since technology has brought forth blenders with different ways of charging.
What you can do is to look for the right and reliable vendor that supplies juicers which are durable and of top quality. This will help you to cut down the cost of having to buy blenders every time because of issues to do with reliability and breakage.
If perhaps you travel long distances, getting a blender with a lid that does not leak will be of great benefit. All said if you do not have a blender, go ahead and buy one today and experience the joy of having an awesome travel portable blender.
You will not have to buy smoothies, protein shakes or fruit juice again since with the blender, you can blend for yourself and all you will need are your ingredients.