I have a very picky 5-year-old daughter who hates everything but spaghetti and noodles. So when I want to make her happy! I prepare her favorite dish.
This Spaghetti Carbonara recipe is simple, cheap, and budget-friendly. What’s more, it is creamy and delicious and perfect for a weeknight.
It is a quick and cheap dinner option.
If you want to make it more budget-friendly, you can use small amounts of bacon.
I find that most people use Pecorino Romano for this recipe. However, I find this ingredient quite expensive.
To make this budget-friendly, I substitute the Pecorino Romano with Parmesan cheese and it still turns out great.
To make it WHOLE 30, use The U.S. Wellness Meats Whole30 bacon.
You can use the pre-grated shaker Parmesan, but if you want to freshly grate your cheese, go ahead.
Can you add veggies to the Carbonara?
Yes. If you want to make it more keto-friendly, you can add veggies such as asparagus and cauliflower.
The Spaghetti Carbonara recipe gives you the opportunity to be creative in your kitchen.
You can add your favorite spin to the recipe and still enjoy a delicious meal.
If you are a pasta lover, this meal would be very delightful.
It is an easy, simple, and tasty meal that takes about 25 minutes to have ready; 5 minutes of prep time and 20 minutes in cook time.
Spaghetti Carbonara Recipe
- 3 ounces Bacon
- ¾ cup Grated Parmesan
- Freshly cracked pepper
- Salt to taste
- 2 Cloves garlic
- 12 ounces Spaghetti
- 3 large Eggs
- Handful Fresh parsley
- Boil your pasta in some water over medium-high heat until it’s cooked. Season your food with salt.
- Drain and set aside your cooked pasta. Reserve a cup of the water used to prepare the pasta dish.
- Meanwhile, cut your bacon into small strips and cook them over high heat in a skillet pan.
- Remove and sauté chopped garlic on the skillet.
- In a separate bowl, whisk some eggs, parmesan cheese, and cracked pepper.
- Add some of the reserved pasta water in the skillet while dissolving the brown bits from the surface.
- Add the cooked pasta into the skillet and keep stirring.
- Pour the egg and parmesan mixture onto the pasta and keep stirring until a creamy sauce starts forming.
- Add some parmesan, bacon pieces, salt, and pepper for more taste.
- Place your pasta dish onto a bowl and taste for seasoning. Sprinkle some chopped parsley leaves and enjoy your dish!