Everyone in my house loves cupcakes! They are delicious and take a short time to prepare and bake. Oreo-inspired bakes have become so popular in my kitchen.
My children are crazy about everything Oreo! To save their cavities I usually hide a few packets and make a milkshake or cupcakes with the biscuits. The textures in these cupcakes make them stand out in any dessert table.
I love biting into the perfectly moist cupcake, that is frosted with an exquisite Oreo cream. A piece of crunchy Oreo crowns the cupcake making their taste unforgettable.
Oreo has a delicious flavor that is addictive, how about these delicious Vanilla Oreo Cupcakes? They are easy to make, my young ones with very little supervision from bigger hands.
Let us have a look at some of the main ingredients and their substitution.
Cupcakes: Ingredients and their substitution.
Cake flour is the best however all-purpose flour works well too.
Always remember to check freshness for the best results.
Sugar enhances the sweetness of the cake butter. You can regulate the sweetness because Oreo cookies added contain sugar.
Egg whites are whisked till they are white and fluffy forming stiff peaks. These make the vanilla cupcakes pleasantly airy and lightly
Vanilla’s mild, fruity flavor blends perfectly with the Oreo Cookie taste.
Milk adds moisture to the cake batter. Buttermilk and sour cream are great milk substitutes.
Crushed Oreos! I love adding my favorite cookies to the cake butter. The crunchy texture and unique flavor of Oreo biscuits make these cupcakes winners all the time. 🙂
A cupcake is not complete without a rosette of deliciously creamy and cool buttercream. Our recipe yields luscious creamy buttercream.
Whisk the egg whites.
Mixing eggs, sugar, and oil.
Adding crushed Oreos.
Crushed Oreos with buttercream.
How to make Vanilla Oreo Cupcakes.
Preheat the oven to 150C or 300F. Line the cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
In a mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites till white and fluffy, once stiff peaks are formed, set the egg whites aside. You can use a handheld mixer or whisk attachment to beat the egg whites.
In another mixing bowl, beat the eggs, add sugar and oil, and keep mixing until creamy and soft. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl, making sure the baking powder and salt are evenly distributed.
Sift half of the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture, mix, and add half of the milk. Keep alternating the dry and wet ingredients until they are thoroughly combined. Fold in the beaten egg whites.
Fill each cupcake liner with the mixture up to ⅔ rds full. Bake the cupcakes at 150C for 12 minutes.
FAQ Vanilla Oreo Cupcakes
Can I freeze the Vanilla Oreo cupcakes?
Yes, just before you frost the cupcakes, you can freeze the cupcakes.
Keep them in freezer-friendly bags and store them in the freezer for up to three months. These delicious cupcakes freeze beautifully.
How can I store leftover Vanilla Oreo cupcakes?
Frosted cupcakes can be stored in an airtight container and refrigerated. This will keep them moist and prevent the frosting from melting.
Measure your ingredients accurately.
Use the scoop and level method, this method ensures you do not have excess flour in your cake batter. Excess flour can make your cake very crumbly and dry.
Do not over-mix the cake batter.
Over-mixing makes your cake tough and rubbery. This is because the gluten strands found in wheat are activated in the cake batter. Resist the urge to mix as soon as the wet and dry ingredients are incorporated.
Bake at the optimal temperature.
Baking at the right temperature is very essential. I invested in an oven thermometer and since then I have baked my cupcakes at the right temperature.
If your temperature is slightly higher than required, the cupcakes will dome and you have to trim to frost them. What a waste 😣
If you tried this Vanilla Oreo Cupcakes Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you liked it in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting!
Vanilla Oreo Cupcakes
- 1 ¼ cup All Purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp. Baking Powder
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 1 large Egg White
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Milk
- ¾ cup Crushed Oreo
- 1 ¼ cups Unsalted Butter
- 2 ½ cups Icing Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Heavy Cream
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- ½ cup Crushed Oreos
- Preheat the oven to 150C or 300F. Line the cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- In a food processor, crush the Oreos to resemble coarse sand.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites till white and fluffy, once stiff peaks are formed, set the egg whites aside. You can use a handheld mixer or whisk attachment to beat the egg whites.
- In another mixing bowl, beat the eggs, add sugar and oil, and keep mixing until creamy and soft. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl, making sure the baking powder and salt are evenly distributed.
- Sift half of the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture, mix, and add half of the milk. Keep alternating the dry and wet ingredients until they are thoroughly combined. Fold in the fluffy egg whites and mix with a spatula till fully combined.
- Fill each cupcake liner with the mixture up to ⅔ rds full. Bake the cupcakes at 150C for 12 minutes. Use a skewer to check readiness, it should come out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
- Frost the cupcakes with a rosette of buttercream and a piece of a whole Oreo cookie.
- Enjoy these exquisite cupcakes with a cup of coffee. Hmmm, I am sure you will be making some more Vanilla Oreo cookies very soon.
How to make Oreo Buttercream
- Oreo cookies come with their delicious cream that sandwiches two cookies. This is what makes this buttercream extra creamy. Make sure the Oreo cookies are crushed to the appearance of coarse sand. Bigger chunks can stretch the piping bag making it burst open.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter until it's light and fluffy. Sift in the icing sugar, and mix until the two ingredients are fully incorporated. Add some cream to soften the buttercream.
- Pour in the vanilla and crushed Oreo cookies. Mix until the crushed Oreos are well combined with the butter cream.
- Fix a nozzle tip of your choice, I used size 2D. Fill the piping bag with buttercream.
- Pipe rosettes on the top cupcake following a spiral pattern from the edge to the center. Top the rosette with an Oreo cookie.