I love spring, it’s one season I look forward to. It’s my season of hope, always depicting a new lease of life. I love the colors that nature shows at that time.
A wonderful selection of bright colors is painted by the flowers that bloom in my garden.
That’s what makes Easter so beautiful, we were brought up as Christians that is why my mother celebrated Easter with all her heart.
We always had a chance to select our favorite snack for the season. Since I love cookies, I was excited about making cookies inspired by Springtime. I love this recipe because it is simple to make. The recipe was inspired by the Easter Chocolate With M and M Flowers Recipe.
All you need is the M and M Easter mix that is tossed into the soft buttery cookie dough. As you prepare the Easter snack list, these cookies have to be there.
Why this recipe works.
It is a simple recipe - very little or no specialized skills are required to make these delightful Easter Cookies.
It calls for simple ingredients - oh yes, I know pantry has all the ingredients except for the M and Ms with a springtime pastel.
It is a quick recipe - chilling this dough is not absolutely necessary, the cookies do not spread much during baking. Do not be tempted to bake beyond the recommended time as this might lead to the M and M candies cracking distorting the shape and outlook of the beautiful spring cookie.
It combines various textures and flavors - the contrast of buttery dough laden with candy is a wonderful experience for any taste buds.
Our Chocolate Mint Cupcakes Without Buttermilk contest with these delicious cookies baked during Spring.
Ingredients And Substitutions.
All-purpose Flour - is the primary ingredient and works well, you can substitute with gluten free flour.
Sugar - You can use caster sugar that is smaller in size, particularly giving the cookie a great texture.
Butter - adds moisture and intense milky flavor making the cookies very delicious. You could use margarine or lard.
Easter Mix M$M - these candies add the springtime twist to the cookies as they come in a unique color pastel.
- Mixing Bowls
- Electric Mixer or Stand Mixer
- Ice cream scoop
- Parchment/ baking paper
- Baking trays
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
Creaming the butter and castor sugar to light and fluffy.
Add the egg and beat until fully incorporated into the mixture.
Tossing the M&M’s in the dough.
Placing the cookies on a parchment-lined baking tray.
Measure the ingredients precisely to get the best results. Use the scoop and level method to remove excess after scooping the flour from the storage container.
Remember to use room temperature ingredients, and cold ingredients, especially eggs. Cold eggs will not mix well with the other ingredients affecting the structure of the cookies.
Do not overbake the cookies, the candies will burn and the chocolate inside will melt unpleasantly.
FAQ: Spring M&M Cookies.
Can I freeze the Spring M&M Cookies?
Yes, you could freeze the cookie dough before baking. Scoop the cookie dough with an ice cream scoop and place them on a tray lined up with parchment paper.
Freeze the cookies overnight separately then slip them into a ziplock freezer bag.
If you tried this SPRING M and M COOKIE Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you liked it in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting!
SPRING M and M COOKIE
- ¾ cup Butter
- ¾ cup Light brown sugar
- ¼ cup Granulated sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 ½ cup Milk chocolate M & Ms
- You will start by measuring all the ingredients and setting them aside. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and castor sugar until light and fluffy with a pale-like appearance.
- Add the egg and beat until fully incorporated into the mixture. Mix the flour and salt and sift into the creamed mixture. Use a rubber spatula to mix the wet and dry ingredients and finally your hand to make dough.
- Toss the M&M’s in the dough, making sure the candies are evenly distributed in the dough.
- Use an ice cream to scoop uniform sized cookie dough. Pick any candy that remains in the bowl and gently stick in the cookie dough. Place the cookies on a parchment-lined baking tray 2 inches apart.
- Preheat the oven to 150C or 350F. Bake the cookies on the middle rack of the oven for 12 to 15 minutes till light golden brown in color. Indulge in these most delicious flavor packed cookies on a cool spring afternoon with a cup of coffee..hmmm the experience is unforgettable!