Boba tea recipes and boba smoothies were first made in Taiwan, but now they are a favorite among boba lovers all over the world.
This Taiwanese drink gives excellent tropical vibes and is made using a basic formula. There is also a difference between bubble tea and boba.
It uses boba tapioca pearls which act as the milk tea base. A boba smoothie is just like any other smoothie. It is made with fruit. But it is served with tapioca pearls such as black tapioca pearls.
You can also serve it with popping boba or jelly boba. Please keep in mind that it may or may not have tea.
Large boba straws are used to drink boba smoothies, which are made of milk, black tea, tapioca seeds, and ice. The wide straws make room at the bottom of your glass for the balls with a chewy texture.
This Taiwanese treat is used in more than just smoothies. It is the main ingredient in many kinds of tea. For example, brown sugar tea, classic milk tea, and taro milk tea are all packed with fresh fruit and have a lot of flavor.
It would be a delicious treat for an easy breakfast recipe. Boba, which is also called "bubbles," tastes like a mix of different flavors.
You can buy the boba balls at your local Asian market, bubble tea shop, or any Asian grocery store near you.
Why Does Bubble Tea Smoothie Recipe Work?
For this recipe, there is no need to set aside any time for preparation. The bubble tea smoothie is delectable and will fulfill your needs.
In addition, the taste of the tea smoothie can be altered to suit your preferences.
Prepare it in advance and store it in the fridge. Prepare the boba and put it together right before you are ready to serve it.
Ingredients for a Boba Smoothie Recipe
Chewy Tapioca Pearls. You have the option of cooking tapioca pearls that have been dehydrated or using pre-cooked boba that has been frozen; these are made from tapioca starch or tapioca powder in the latter instance, prepare the boba in accordance with the instructions provided on the packaging.
Sweetener. In this recipe, you should try using a variety of sweeteners. To sweeten the boba pearls, you can use white sugar or brown sugar syrup, or honey, to sweeten the smoothie. You are free to use any mixture of these sweeteners, in addition to others such as stevia, agave, maple syrup or any other simple syrup of your choice.
Frozen Fruit. You can make this dish with your frozen fruit of choice or a combination of frozen fruits that you choose.
Milk. Your smoothie can be made with any type of milk, including non-dairy and dairy options. The milk gives you a nice creamy texture. You will get similarly satisfying outcomes from drinking whole milk, almond milk, soy milk, coconut milk, or oat milk. You can also make your own milk form for the bubble tea.
1. A blender. It will be used to grind the fruits into a smooth powder.
2. A bowling pot. The pot will be used to brew tea and make boba balls in the cooker or stove.
3. A Strainer. It will be used to catch the boba while draining the water off.
4. A Serving glass. After the drink is ready, you will need a serving glass to serve and enjoy your drink.
5. A thick straw. The straw is essential while drinking the already made bubble tea smoothie recipe.
6. Measurement Cups. The cup will be used to measure the water and milk used during this recipe.
Swap out the whole milk for your preferred plant-based milk and you will have got yourself a vegan version of the classic smoothie boba.
Put your favorite fruits to good use. You can also use fresh mango to make a mango boba smoothie.
You can use Avocadoes to make an avocado smoothie, you can use strawberries and bananas to make a strawberry banana boba smoothie.
Use watermelon to make a watermelon smoothie. A boba smoothie can be made from any regular smoothie.
How to Freeze Boba and Reheat Frozen Boba
Boba does not stay well in the fridge, and the cooking process for tapioca pearls is time-consuming, so it is best to prepare a large batch at once and store it in the freezer.
For every cup of tapioca pearls, you will need six cups of water, therefore you will need a fairly large stockpot to do this.
After cooking the boba, store them in a plastic bag. Remove as much air from the bag as possible and place it flat in the freezer. Simply bring a few glasses of water to a boil, add the necessary amount of boba, and stir until the boba is completely submerged.
Bring to a boil, turn off the heat, and cover it for 5 minutes before serving. Honey and brown sugar can be added after rinsing with cold water. Mix it in, and savor it!
How to Store
Since the boba turns starchy and hard after being stored for a while, there is no point in doing so.
You should not store these pearls in the fridge. The smoothie can be made ahead of time. The boba should be prepared and assembled just before serving.
However, if you absolutely must keep the boba for later consumption, soak it in syrup and store it in the refrigerator. Reheat it in a pot with some additional water just before serving. Again, it will soften and chewy, but it will not be the same.
The traditional ingredient in this smoothie is black tea, although there are several variations on the theme, like the one provided here.
Whether or not you decide to include tea in your recipe is a personal preference. Typically, the boba drinks served in Taiwan are made in a traditional style.
Tea, sugar, and milk are added to the pearls. There's no way to ruin the deliciousness of the flavor, no matter how you cook it.
These pearls can be consumed however they should be chewed well prior to swallowing. To be clear, the tapioca in them does not dissolve quickly.
You will get indigestion if you swallow pearls without chewing. To sum up, tapioca pearls are not exactly a nutritious food option.
These are typically added to beverages for aesthetic purposes rather than nutritional value.
As a result, you need to be careful if you plan on eating these pearls. Keep in mind that you should restrict your intake to maintain good health.
- Stir the boba every two to three minutes as it boils. Clumped boba pearls are the result of not stirring the pearls.
- Prepare the boba (tapioca pearls) just before putting together the smoothie. If you can, make them as soon as possible so you can enjoy the freshest flavor.
If you tried this Bubble Tea Smoothie Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you liked it in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting!
How to make Bubble Tea Smoothies
- 1 Blender
- 1 bowling pot
- 1 A Strainer
- 1 Serving glass
- 1 A thick straw
- 1 Cups for measurement
- 1.5 cup Tapioca Pearls
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp. Honey
- 1 cup Frozen Fruits
- First, put two cups of water into a large pot and set it over medium heat. The tapioca pearls should be added to the boiling water.Cover the saucepan once the tapioca pearls have risen to the surface, and bring to a boil for 5 minutes. Then, turn the heat down to a simmer and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Rinse the boba in cold water after straining it to cool it down.
- Put the boba in a basin, pour in the honey, and toss to cover and sweeten the boba.
- Simply combine 1 cup of water, sugar, and the smoothie powder in a jug and swirl to mix to create a smoothie syrup.
- Combine the banana and ice in a blender, then add the smoothie syrup and process until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into a large glass, sprinkle in the boba pearls, add ice cubes, top with large straws and enjoy.