The taste of a moist slice of banana bread is fantastic! Served during tea or dessert, Bob Evans Banana Bread is a family favorite.
Homesteading is the best thing that has ever happened to my family and me. Bob Evans's farm inspired me, as we attended the annual festivals on his farm every year.
I still remember jumping on the haystacks with my brother and some childhood friends. It was absolute fun attending the annual festivals each year. This was inspired by my other Strawberry Banana Smoothie on this site.
We would learn so much, from cheesemaking to sausage making, every time we would get a chance to visit the annual festival.
My all-time favorite dessert at the Bob Evans restaurant is the warm moist banana bread.
It is so moist that it sticks to my finger whenever I touch the top of the loaf! The balance of flavors in the bread is extremely precise.
'If only I could replicate this recipe at home!!' I thought every time I devoured a slice of banana bread at the Bob Evans Restaurant.
I kept trying, reading many recipe books and scanning the internet for recipes such as copycat Bob Evans Recipe that would almost match up to the Bob Evans Banana Bread.
Does your fruit basket have some brown spotted bananas? If yes, you have the best ingredient for a decadent Bob Evans Banana Bread.
Let us discuss the ingredients we need to make this bread that does not require yeast, kneading, and long proofing periods.
Ingredients And Substitutions
The molasses in the brown sugar adds a caramel-like flavor to the banana bread and gives the bread a beautiful brown hue. However, white granulated sugar or honey still works in the recipe.
This is the regular flour that you need for this recipe. You can substitute gluten-free flour.
Baking Soda and Baking Powder
They are the leavening agents that make bread rise during baking. Baking Soda reacts with acidic ingredients such as sour milk and bananas; carbon dioxide is produced, giving the bread the required lift. Quick bread is not leavened by yeast.
These are vital ingredients in this recipe. The best bananas to use are the ones with almost black skin; the more overripe, the sweeter and moist your banana bread will be.
What a great way to use bananas that don't look very attractive on your fruit platter!
large eggs are at room temperature and are the best, weighing an average of 50 to 60 grams. Eggs moisturize the banana bread batter.
I love the aroma released when you melt butter. Butter adds a milky flavor to the bread and moisturizes the bread as well. You can substitute melted with vegetable oil.
Now, this is my secret ingredient. Sour cream releases rich flavors to the banana bread and moisturizes the banana bread without thinning out the batter, as would milk. It contains more fats; more fats mean more moisture!
Lemon Juice: a blend of lemon flavor and banana flavor tastes incredible, be sure to add this ingredient to take your banana bread to another level. Lemon juice is commonly used to prevent oxidation, and this property makes the bread stay fresher.
Walnuts or pecans:
Nuts are a great addition to this recipe. The nutty flavor and slightly bitter undertone give a wonderful taste to the Bob Evans Banana Bread. Their crunchy texture elevates the delicious homemade banana bread too.
This additional but optional ingredient is a great plus to the overall taste of banana bread. Toss a handful of them in the bread butter to add a chocolatey twist that melts so easily in your mouth. Chocolate and banana flavors form a delicious blend.
You can substitute nuts with a handful of raisins. Raisins add a depth of sweetness and a fruity flavor to our banana bread. If you are allergic to nuts, replace the nuts with raisins.
- Mixing bowls:
- Rubber spatula:
- Electric hand mixer
- Potato Masher:
- Measuring cups and spoons:
- Baking tins,
- Cooling rack:
- Parchment paper:
- Potato Masher:
- Wooden skewers or toothpicks:
- An oven
Sifting the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices.
Cream the sugar and butter, add lightly beaten eggs, vanilla extract, & lemon juice.
Add the mixed dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
Pour the Banana bread batter into a greased loaf pan.
The type of ingredients used can affect the moisture content in your quick bread. Try using melted butter and sour cream, and you will notice a big difference.
These ingredients contain more fats, thereby making your banana bread nutritiously rich and moist.
Using semi-ripe bananas will make your loaf less moist and even less sweet. Ripe and even overly ripe bananas are the best.
They are rich in flavor and sugars, resulting in a sweeter Bob Evans Banana Bread. Keep your semi-bananas in a dry, dark corner and cover them with some paper to hasten the ripening process.
This moist cake contains fresh fruits in the batter and its topping. It might go bad quicker than a regular pound cake if left at room temperature for a long time.
Please place it in an airtight container and refrigerate for about three to four days.
This is a common occurrence as you begin your baking journey. Eagerness and excitement can make you remove the cake before you check the center, lol.
The Bob Evans Banana Bread is loaded with mashed bananas, which require a little more time to cook. Remember to check the center using a wooden skewer or toothpick.
If it comes out clean, it confirms the center of the banana bread is fully baked. If the skewer comes out with wet dough, you can cover the loaf pan with aluminum foil and bake for 10 minutes.
Yes, you can make exquisite muffins with the same banana bread batter. Just regulate the baking time to 20 minutes, this should yield 12 medium-sized muffins.
- Bob Evans banana bread contains fresh ingredients; it is not advisable to leave it at room temperature for prolonged periods. As soon as it's completely cooled, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This way, the loaf can last up to four days.
- Please do not over-mix the banana bread batter. The more you mix, the more gluten is produced. This will make the cake too dense, rubbery, and tough. As long as the wet and dry ingredients are combined, resist the urge to over mix.
- Most home cooks will overlook the importance of measuring techniques. Correct measuring of flour in the Bob Evans Banana bread recipe is essential. Instead of scooping the flour directly from your container into the mixing bowl, consider adding the flour to the measuring cup and leveling the top to remove excess flour. Excess flour will make the banana bread less moist.
- Invest in a little gadget, an oven thermometer. This will enable you to preheat the oven to the right temperature. High temperatures make the banana bread hard on the outside, a quality very far from the Bob Evans Banana Bread. Since I purchased my oven thermometer, all my cakes and bread have been moist!
If you tried this Mastro Butter Cake Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you liked it in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting!
Bob Evans Banana Bread
- 1 Mixing bowls
- 1 Rubber Spatula
- 1 Electric hand mixer
- 1 Potato Masher
- 1 Measuring cups andspoons
- 1 Baking tins
- 1 Cooling rack
- 1 Parchment paper
- 1 Potato Masher
- 1 Wooden skewers or toothpicks
- 1 An oven
- 1 ¾ cups cups of all-purposeflour
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
- ½ cup of unsalted meltedbutter
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Lemon Juice
- 2 cups mashed ripe banana.
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 150F; grease a loaf pan with butter and lightly flourthe pan.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices into a largemixing bowl and set aside.
- Cream the sugar and butter in a mixing bowl until light using an electrichand mixer. Add lightly beaten eggs, Vanilla extract, and lemon juice, and mixuntil all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Add the mixed dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix gently with aspatula.
- Mash the bananas and gently fold the mashed bananas into the banana breadbatter. Mix with a rubber spatula. Be careful not to overmix at this point.
- Pour the Banana bread batter into a greased loaf pan and bake for 45 minutesto 1 hour till a skewer inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Place the cake in a pan to cool on the wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove itfrom the loaf pan and cool it on the wire rack. Cooling the bread makes thebread firm and hold together.
- Serve for breakfast or dessert, and enjoy this extremely tasty quick bread